Every person should have a checklist of particulars required to be mentioned in Tax Invoice in accordance with Rule 46. The same should be kept in mind while verifications of invoices received from suppliers, on the basis of ITC is availed – Since ITC may be disallowed for an invoice which do not conform to the rules. As far as invoicing is concerned, the ERP should be implemented in such a manner that it takes care of the important aspects like – Type of Tax based on Intra or Inter State transactions, Place of Supply, HSN Code, Rate of tax, GSTIN of recipient, etc.
1. Keep length of invoice less than 16 digits
2. Have amount rounded off to nearest Rupees
3. Mention GST number correctly
4. In case of month end invoices, take GRN by customers on record.ANURAG BAJAJ
October 11, 2017 at 10:25 am
INVOICE SHOULD HAVE :-
1. NAME, ADDRESS AND GSTIN OF SUPPLIER 2. CONSECUTIVE SERIAL NO. 3. DATE 4. HSN CODE 5. NAME, ADDRESS AND GSTIN OF RECEIPIENT (IF APPLICABLE) 6. GOODS DESCRIPTION, QUNTITY, VALUE, RATE OF TAX AND TAX AMOUNT 7. SIGNATURE
1. No Modification in invoices directly, use Credit Note instead.
2. Maintain sequence of the invoice no.
3. In case of change, can cancel the invoice in the same day, as a whole.